21st Century Rehab focuses on two main areas to assist employers: Risk Reduction/Prevention & Cost Reduction. Our ability to partner with employers is beneficial to the ultimate goal: Reducing the costs of employee injuries/illnesses. This is accomplished by our focus on Risk Reduction/Prevention (understanding the essential physical aspects of the job and using these as the basis to screen and hire employees that can perform the job safely) and Cost Reduction (limiting the financial impact of injured workers through reducing recordable injuries, and quick/focused Return-To-Work). We currently work with many Central Iowa employers to provide these services.
- Pre-work Screening: Hire the right workers. Reduce the risk of (Musculoskeletal Disorder Injuries (MSD’s) by hiring workers who have a match between their physical abilities and the physical demands of the job (essential job functions)
- Detailed Functional Job Descriptions/Physical Job Demands: Accurately defined essential physical job functions that are validated by current employees
- Ergonomic/Risk Assessments: Identification/correction to aspects of job or work environment that contain high risk of irritation/injury in all environments, including seated workers, healthcare workers, laborers, and manufacturing.
- Education and Stretching Programs: Educate employees that the way they sit, stand, and move can affect their physical and mental well-being. Promote positions and movements prior to and during work that reduce discomfort and improve productivity.
- On-Site or Off-Site Triaging: Early identification of discomfort and use of conservative treatment/recommendations to prevent significant recordable injuries/illnesses from occurring.
- Partnering to provide other pre-work services including: drug testing, audiometric testing, vision testing, DOT physicals, and other essential physiological measurements (heart rate, blood pressure, etc.) that are needed to hire quality employees.
- Reduce the direct/indirect costs of worker injuries: The estimated indirect costs of injuries/illnesses are 3-15 times higher than direct costs.
- Reduce OSHA 300 Log Recordable Injuries/Illnesses: Accomplished thorough early triage and thorough understanding of ‘first aid” under OSHA regulation 1904.7 (b).
- Reduce/Limit MOD Rate: Advocate/assist in Restricted Duty Return-To-Work within 3 days or less (Standard Threshold for the State of Iowa). Assist in creation of Restricted Duty jobs and providing the knowledge to facilitate Transitional Return-To-Work.
- Rehabilitation/Physical Therapy focused on the ultimate goal: Return to work as soon as possible without re-injury. Rehabilitation based on essential physical job demands with focus on education, conditioning, and exact functional requirements to perform work safely. Our services include the following:
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Stay-At-Work/Return to Work Programs
- Pre-Work Screening
- Job Matching Systems
- Risk of Injury Assessments
- Employee Triage/Musculoskeletal Screens
- Therapy Treatment by Licensed Physical and Occupational Therapists
Consultation and Risk Reduction Services
- Ergonomic Worksite Evaluations
- Employee and Supervisor Coaching/Training
- Written Program Development
- Job Description and Analysis
- Work Tolerance Testing
- Assistance in Writing Safety or Drug Policies
- Nerve Conduction Testing (available only at Story County Medical Center location)
Substance Abuse Testing Services
- DOT Drug Testing
- Hair Follicle Testing
- Pre-employment, random, post-accident
- 5 - 9 panel
- Medical Review Officer Service
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Musculoskeletal Trauma and Repetitive
- Motion Injury Treatment Programs
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Work Conditioning
- On-site Therapy Services
Wellness Education Programs and Preventative Services
- In-Service Education Programs and Staff Training
- Safety Meetings
- Office Ergonomics
- Screening Programs
- Repetitive Stress Injury Prevention
Care Management Services
- Case Coordination
- Disability Management with Post-Rehabilitation
- Early Return to Duty Facilitated
Audiometric Testing Services
- OSHA Approved Hearing Testing
- Pre-employment Testing
- Periodic Testing
If you have any questions about our services, please contact our Director of Occupational Health and physical therapist, Jason Horras, at 515-291-0827 or via email.